Monday, March 24, 2008

Created to be his Help Meet by Debi Pearl

I have finished reading Created to be his Help Meet by Debi Pearl.Instead of doing a review,I will tell you a few things I learned about myself while reading this book and later on I will share a few quotes from the book that meant something to me in either a positive or a negative way.So here is what I learned about myself...

1.I still harbor lots of anger about past situations,ones that occurred before my marriage.I do not bring them to my marriage,but I do know that I need to overcome this anger.

2.How wonderful my husband is,how much I love him and that I take him for granted too often.I will re-read this book as many times as I have to,just so I can never take him for granted again.

3.That I dont know whether a metaphorical view of the bible is correct,or a legalistic view is correct,as the Pearls imply.I dont think they know either,actually I dont think any human does.

I would like to encourage those who have read this book to add commentary and I would like to invite those who have not read it,to do so and then add their own commentary.I will be waiting to hear from you all!!!

1 comment:

smileymamaT said...

I'll look for that title. I just finished reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter - about a child with DS who was given away as a newborn in the early 60's (by her father, a doctor)to a nurse to raise - very, very stirring and well-written novel, I'd recommend it. I'll look for the one you are reading.